Good morning to you. We will say it again and again - thank you so much for such brilliant, inspiring responses during this last month. Reading them all has been an absolute pleasure. And here's your penultimate Message.
These are some things I'll miss if I die too early…
* mornings like this one, when everyone’s asleep and I’m sitting curled up in the armchair in the kitchen with a mug of hot coffee writing about things that bring me pleasure, but there’s an opening in my chest too and I’m writing direct to the page, concentrating on writing what I see as the truth.
* the chance to live by the sea, to find a country that will absorb me and take me in without being judgmental, that will have water I can go walk by and watch.
* the excitement of meeting new soul mates, who I want to talk to every morning, sit with over long meals telling jokes and ghost stories, fiddling with candles and laughing.
* the pleasure of choosing and trying on new clothes, when I know I look good and can walk down the street and return smiles, when flirting is just fun, that glance between you that says ‘in another life, then maybe, you and me’.
* seeing my name in print and sneaking up on strangers who might be reading my words. That moment when my work takes off without me and I have to run to catch it up, and when I read it, it’s as if it has nothing to do with me and I think – yes, this could be true.
* the heat of the sun on bare flesh, a full glass of red wine, oily spicy food that drips down my chin, stealing looks at people I love, that feeling of pride bursting through my chest when friends do well and are happy, the sparkle of clear water as I break through a clean swimming pool. Good sex, good food, good chat, good poetry. Good.